The end of year 2010

Epic year, I have to say.
- I graduated from Omnia vocational school. Now my official 'career title' is travelling officer.
- I visited both Portugal and China
- Summerjob at insurance company (always epic, but very tiring one..)
- I went to house economics (or household and living) school
- I met some new people, but also lost one of the closest friends (because of our non-spoken issues ;/ Bittersweet.)
- And I got a roomie - Okimi!

The bd was not that pleasant it could have been, since not that many of my friends live near Lapinlahti anymore. Aaand there was some dramatic action (once again) between me and my mother, so mostly that day was spent by playing Diablo II and thinking 'this is one of those days'.
Me and my mother are the case where's no compromises - our ideal worlds are different, my mother is classic portrait of concervative countryside person who is finicky as hell! So that's total opposite of me - sure I've the basic values, but my life view is more spontanious and unbiased than her (yeah, I'm younger, but I find spoiled prejudices of her sometimes very faulty). We have often furious fights about our opinions, but in the end we both are so bone heads that nothing seriously happens.

The Christmas was almost like last year. Our Santa needed a driver, so I was sitting at cold car 2 hours, waiting that Santa Claus has visited kids and we can continue to another house. Sister was the driver for the next 3 hours after me.
My father has been Santa for over 20 years now. He's not been doing this kind of 'job' for money, but for pure happiness of Christmas time. I think I could get very annoyed if I would do that, because seeing 11 familys with greedy kids in one evening would be too much for me. Families give him whatever they feel like, and that's all. What I've heard, some Santas in Lapland will get over 300€ per visit, so I guess those who know my father 'Christmas service' are lucky ones..

What I got from Santa? Well, socks, nail polish, money, hair streightener... Nothing very big and expensive, because I didn't actually want anything. The day before Christmas we went to Iisalmi (bigger city near Lapinlahti) and my parents bought me a 500G hard drive (for backup my files).
It was actually someting I really needed, so after having that I made no wishes.

It's very easy to use, and unlike my earlier hard drive (which got broken :s) it has triple protection and needs only USB-port as power supply. I've already stored over 100G there and my laptop works like a dream once again.

At Monday I met my old school friends. As Yoshh said in her blog, we all are living pretty far from each others, so this kind of meetings are rare and gotta enjoy the whole time we have. Unfortunately for a one reason my mood of social living was pretty much ruined, but I'm not here to talk about it. It just would seem that I've got a very strong opinion about things and sometimes they make me despite people and their business very much.
But, games, drinking and exchanging the rumors were really refreshing!

Last Tuesday is the source of the happiness of these last days of 2010 - a dentist tore off my nugget of wisdom, which has been terribly corroded by coca cola (and the pain was also undescribable..) and I finally managed to get my own bd/Christmas gift, T-Kingdom's 1700-Model. And have to say, I love it. I love the effect and support it makes, and I love the 'binding' feeling (bondage anyone?). It's totally different than the self-made binding corset and I'm happy with the product. The shipping time is the only thing I want to nag about.
But hey, they sent me white colour after all.

And I guess I could call this year a success in art life.
Here's some of my sketches (that hasn't been used in any finished works.. just killing my time or something..). My lines are very messy, has always been and perhaps will always be :s
Click them to size them bigger, if you will.

Self study, cartooing Rufusu~ These are the newest ones, I guess.. The left one represents the feeling of peace of mind (of these last 3 days..) and the right one is from 21.12 self image xD Feeling old... and yet what I've done? Bleached my hair and nothing more...

Some more feelings. I don't actually remember why I drew the left pic, but right pic is pretty new also and it comes from unsure feeling about other people.
...Why the heck am I babbling about these? To remember later, I guess...


Studying~ The pic below actually is in one of the finished pics, but it looks totally different without colours and bg... The upper pic is studying the races in Final Fantasy, guado and garif :o
Now when I look at them, they really look like manga ('real manga'). Satisfied = success~

Skin colouring~ I looooooooooooove and hate to colour skin. The reason I've been into drawing faces is because it's easy to create feelings but also colour the skin.
I do this alot when I'm bored.

Lazy colouring... LIZARDS!

Requiem inspired stuff. I guess these are the oldest of this year :o The left one's hair and blurness are showing it~

?

The finished works can be found in IRC-Galleria, dA, FAC, Harhakuva and y!Gallery. You just have to know either the artist or works' names to find me.
And lately I've been having some commission request, but so far I've decided it's not for me - I feel like I'm cheating the customer with my crappy works and I want to develope my art that I'm satisfied with the style. But art trades are always more than welcome :3

Upcoming New Year celebration is not that decided yet. I might end up having fun with Jenni at her place, or I might be playing Diablo II some more :D Either way, I feel my beer calling my name, screaming "Happy new year" and wishing another 'good year coming up'.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments :