..
And I ask, why is it so difficult to have camera nearby me?? I forgot AGAIN my camera's existence totally (...and now it's dirty because it was at the bottom of my bag :s) so no pics by me~
Chibicon was held in a small place 'Työväenkulma', which actually was even smaller than Gloria, where Tsukicon was held. -30C or something, and people wearing thin layers of cosplay fabrics, and vo la - the nest of flu bacteria was born.
My prejudices were more like "There will be only local Kamy otakus around and that's it", but I was wrong - cosplay was bursting and even though the cosplay quality lvl was average or even lower, I spotted a couple of shiny diamonds there and also got scared of the growing number of furry cosplayers. Seriously. 3 darn furries won prices from the cosplay competition.
Even though my own cosplay was rather unknown among younger cosplayers, it was still worth of the pain of freezing to wear it~ I met more than a dozen of my ol' friends there, which was also the main reason I went there.
And even more rewarding was to hear, that someone actually missed me in cosplay/con scene. One year away, and someone actually had noticed my absence. Wow.
The panels were low numbered - something about jrock scene (where I was asked to go to host it with others, but I 'got too scared' :~D), cosplay competition, masquerade and make up and FFFight. DDR/Stepmania gaming was held in Urumi's shop. So if you wanted to go to see panels/dance, you had to leave the main building and walk more than 100m in that frosty weather. Good luck, I stayed nicely in 2nd floor and 'sucked the warmth' and stored it in me.
Laura Vanamo ('popular' Finnish singer, who sings Japanese songs) called just 1h before her gig and cancelled her performance. Oh well~
We spent somewhat 4-5h in that con and came back to Jenni's place, eating and babbling about the con and upcoming cosplays. And maybe, MAYBE we might be able to arrange another group cosplay once again (after these painful 2 years). We'll see, we'll see. I'm still slowly working with Kazama's white western uniform and 'the other'~
AND the rumours run quick - my blog's visitor list has exploded because of the con.
Kiitokset~
1 comment :
Tämä ei nyt sinällään liity tähän merkintään mutta kysyisin vaan neuvoa miten ihmeessä sait ton youtube videon tohon sivuun? Ja vielä tuolla tavalla että se alkaa automaattisesti soimaan? Oon yrittänyt ja yrittänyt eikä millään onnistu.. Kiitos jos voit auttaa
Post a Comment